Welcome to Edith Rogers School
Our campus is located at 8308 Mill Woods Road. We offer a variety of academic programs and enrichment opportunities from grades 7 - 9 to ensure our students’ success in a global environment and prepare them to become the leaders of tomorrow. These include:
- Cogito (Enriched academic programming, disciplined environment and daily homework focused on the Humanities, Sciences, and Fine & Practical Arts)
- Mandarin (Chinese) as a Second Language
-Confucius Classroom Status with support from China and the Confucius Institute in Edmonton
- French as a Second Language
- Daily Academic Enrichment and Support periods with a literacy and numeracy focus
- A broad selection of CTF (Career & Technology Foundations) option courses so that students can have many experiences and begin the process of exploring future possibilities/careers:
- 3-D Printing
- Advances in Science, Engineering,
- Medicince & Law
- Career Exploration & Self Marketing
- Careers in Fashion, Sewing & Design
- Career opportunities in Art
- Careers in TV & Media
- Chinese Cultural Experience
- Construction Technology
- Culinary Arts & Nutrition
- Digital Photography/Photoshop Editing
- Electric Guitar Building
- Ethical Enterprise & Innovation
- Exploring Programming & Robotics
- Film Making
- Fit for Life
- Health & Balance in the Digital Age
- High Performance Fitness & Nutrition
- Leaders in Training
- Making a great career out of High
- Performance Speechcraft
- Music Appreciation
- Vehicle Designing, Building & Marketing
- Opportunity, Literacy, Strategies and Behaviour & Learning Support Programs
- Daily tutorials through our homework and breakfast clubs
- An extensive athletics program (Soccer, Football, Volleyball, Cricket, Badminton, Baseball, Track & Field etc.)
Edith Rogers School was opened in 1975 and is named after Mrs. Edith Rogers, who served as an Alberta MLA and Edmonton Public School Trustee. We are proud to continue the E.R. tradition of high academic expectations, great learning opportunities and preparing students to achieve their potential.
Dear Students, Parents, Guardians and Community Members,
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year! Edith Rogers is a fantastic school with a vibrant culturally diverse community and a dedicated staff. We encourage our students to be kind and helpful toward others and to come to school prepared every day to learn to the best of their ability. We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive learning environment where student diversity is recognized and celebrated.
At Edith Rogers School, students will be provided with a variety of learning opportunities and authentic learning tasks in an effort to realize their full potential. We are committed to helping students achieve their full potential and recognize that they have a responsibility to care for themselves, others and our respective communities. We will do our very best to make sure your child grows academically, socially and emotionally so that they can transform from the learners of today into the leaders of tomorrow.
Edith Rogers is a Leader in Me School. Based on the book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens®, The Leader in Me is a whole-school transformation model that helps to improve performance of all our programs. It produces transformational results such as higher academic achievement, enhanced student commitment, and increased engagement among teachers and parents. The Leader in Me equips students with the self-confidence and skills they need to thrive as a 21st century learner. Learning the 7 Habits helps our students develop many skills: leadership, accountability, initiative, creativity, goal-setting, cross-cultural skills, problem-solving, and effective communication.
The staff at Edith Rogers School is continually involved in job embedded professional development. Our staff works collaborative on a weekly basis with each other as well as other staff within the J.Percy Page School catchment. Our teachers are constantly trying to improve their own instructional practice in an effort to create a diverse and rewarding classroom experience.
Edith Rogers is a community school that places great value on creating positive relationships with our parent community. Throughout the school year we have many opportunities for our families to participate in meetings, celebrations, after school activities and special days at school. Parents and students will receive these communications through SchoolZone, and may also follow us on Twitter, @ERSchool.
If you have any questions, concerns or bouquets you wish to share with us please do not hesitate to contact the school at 780-462-3310. We can also be contacted through email at Edithrogers@epsb.ca.
Once again, on behalf of our entire staff, I welcome you to Edith Rogers School.